It's official. 2015 is well on it's way to being the most delicious of years. Well, if our Holiday Hangover Brunch was any clue, it's going to be a tasty year anyway!
This past Saturday, January 3, we gathered at The Bridge Building with more than 250 members and guests for another sold out 3st of the Month. The Holiday Hangover Brunch theme meant we had plenty of Bloody Mary options, but that was just the start.
We had sweet treats from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams and bites from the soon-to-be-open Biscuit Love. Booze flowed like the neighboring Cumberland River (see full list at the bottom of this blog post).
And, best of all, we raised tons of funds for Nurses for Newborns, working to provide trained pediatric nurses for in-home support of mothers of premature and at-risk infants. Eat, drink and have a conscience? Yup. That's how we roll.
HERE'S WHAT WE SERVED:
- Mimosas with Bolla Prosecco
- "Mary May I" with McClure's Pickles & Bloody Mary Mix and several booze options:
- Boodles Gin with Stiegl Radler
- Square One Organic Basil Vodka - as a Bloody Mary and a Strawberry Basil Cocktail with Merlet Crème de Fraise liqueur
- Trianon Tequila with Pineapple Aqua Fresca from Mas Tacos (and straight-up tastings!)
- Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream with black coffee ice cubes
- American Born Dixie Moonshine "Dixie Sunrise" cocktails with orange juice and ginger ale
- Spodee Wine tastings and sangria cocktails
- "Milky Stache" cocktails with Jameson, Kahlua and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal milk
- "Honey I'm Home" with Piehole Apple Pie Whiskey and Honey Nut Cheerios
- "Pecan a la Mode" with Piehole Pecan Pie Whiskey and Baileys Cinnamon Vanilla
- Jackalope Bearwalker
- Svedka "Poinsettias" with Ruffino Prosecco, cranberry juice and choice between Mango Pineapple, Strawberry Lemonade, Vanilla and Orange Cream Pop Svedka Vodka
- "Sunrise Mimosas" with Walker's Honeysuckle Sour Mix, Eli Mason Classic Grenadine, Bolla Prosecco and Triple Sec
- Walker's Bloody Mary Bar with Svedka Vodka
- Deep Eddy Vodka served up four offerings
- Patrón brought hot coffee and two special offerings: Patrón XO Cafe Dark and Patrón XO Cafe Incendio
- Edinburgh Gin with tonic and pineapple juice
- Ole Smoky Moonshine came with "Rise and Shine" with moonshine and OJ and their "Hunch Punch" moonshine
- UV Vodka had a table full of goodies!
After all was said and done, we literally raised more than two thousand dollars for Nurses for Newborns. It's important to note that this would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors, who donate their goods and services to help reduce the costs of the event. These sponsors include Moxie Print Market, Liberty Party Rental, Emma Email Marketing, SPEAKeasy Marketing, Nashville Audio Visual, Picture Booth Co. and - of course, the most generous donation of all came from the venue itself, the Bridge Building. Please make an effort to support these wonderful companies.