It's crazy to believe that our May 3st of the Month was our TENTH monthly celebration! It seems like only a few short months ago that we started things up with a small group of folks in downtown Nashville. Now we've grown to thousands of members and have just thrown our largest 3st of the Month yet.
Guests arrived at the Nashville Farmers' Market for a beautiful "Sunday Funday" for a record-setting 3st of the Month. More than 500 members and their guests sampled from 20+ tables of booze, with dozens of great brands including tequila, rum, vodka, beer and even mezcal. Keeping with the Tres de Mayo theme, guests also had nibbles provided by The Local Taco.
And for the first time, guests were given a souvenir glass to keep after the event, courtesy of ACRE.
Scroll down to view photos and video from the event, listen to the playlist and see the full listing of participating brands.
What was served:
- Altos Tequila - Both Silver and Reposado were represented with some tasty cocktails made with cucumber, ginger, honey and lemon - with a little cilantro on top
- Arta Tequila - All three options of Silver, Reposado and Añejo were poured neat
- Avion Tequila - Avion brought both their Silver tequila and their incredibly-addictive Espresso liqueur
- Black Magic Rum - Making a return appearance to 3st, they made an awesome version of a margarita with their dark spiced rum.
- Blue Chair Bay Rums - They whipped up gallons of a special cocktail made with their Coconut and White Rum, pineapple juice, coconut and champagne
- Cabo Wabo Tequila - Cabo served Agave Margaritas as well as samples of all four of their offerings; Silver, Reposado, Añejo and their super-tasty Diablo coffee liqueur
- Calico Jack Rum - Teaming up with Master of Mixes, their Silver Rum was worked into a couple frozen drinks - a Bushwacker and frozen Mojito
- Captain Morgan Rums - The Captain showed up with their brand new white rum flavors in Pineapple, Coconut and Grapefruit
- Casamigos Tequila - Guests could sample Casamigos neat in Silver, Reposado or Añejo or grab a cocktail made with lemonade and mint
- DeLeón Tequila - This new ultra-premium tequila was served simply neat. And who can argue with that?
- Desperados Beer - Iced down nice and cold, this break from booze was a welcome sight
- Don Julio Tequila - Tequila lovers loved sipping on samples of Silver and Reposado
- El Jimador Tequila - This table featured some great variety with not only the Silver, Reposado and Añejo varieties, but their brand new Mexican Lime tequila and cocktails made with Fentiman's Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger
- Espolón Tequila - Besides a damn-tasty paloma cocktail made with Squirt, tastings of Espolón Blanco, Reposado and Bourbon Barrel Añejo were offered
- Fat Bottom Brewing - Making their debut 3st of the Month appearance, these locals brought a couple special beers to the table; their Knockout IPA with Jalapeño and Tequila soaked wood chips and a Spring Seasonal, the Lychee Fruit Berliner Weisse
- Fidencio Mezcal - A special treat! Not yet released in the Nashville market, Fidencio was pouring samples of their full line of top-shelf mezcal.
- Herradura Tequila - Yup, more tequila! Tastings of Herradura Silver, Reposado and Añejo were poured.
- Hornitos Tequila - In addition to the Hornitos Plato, guests were able to try brand new offerings, including the Hornitos Spiced Honey and Hornitos Black Barrel, which is double aged in whiskey barrels.
- Oculto Beer - Infused with Blue Agave and blended with beer aged with tequila barrel staves, this one was iced down and poured cold
- Pickers Blood Orange Vodka - This locally-distilled vodka had a sneak peek debut at our March Drink Local event at SPEAKeasy Spirits Distillery. This time they made a tasty cocktail with their Blood Orange Vodka, the Scarlett O'Hara.
- Pyrat Rum - One of the big hits of the day, Pyrat teamed up with Padrino's Pops who brought miniature fruit paletas in banana, strawberry and piña colada and just dropped them in the glass to be topped with a splash of this amazing rum
- Roca Patrón Tequila - Teaming up with Eli Mason Cocktail Mixers, the Roca Patrón Silver tequila was stirred into a sweet and spicy cocktail, La Bandita, made with fresh grapefruit juice, Ancho Reyes liqueur, curaçao and Eli Mason Gomme Syrup.
- Solbeso - Back again after their Februay 3st debut, Solbeso brought in two favorite local bartenders to make a cocktail with fresh watermelon, lime and jalapeño
- Svedka Vodka - Sometimes simple is best, which is exactly what Svedka did with their Grapefruit Jalapeño Vodka, serving it with Top Chico mineral water.
- Tijuana Sweet Heat - This brand new tequila and agave creation is best served in shots. So that's exactly what we did.
- Trianon Tequila - Trianon made a second appearance after their 3st debut in January. This time they brought margarita marshmallows (!!!) from Bang Candy Company and mixed tequila martinis with dry vermouth.
- Wray & Newphew Rum - Packing a proof of 126, this overproof Jamaican rum served in a tasty Jamaican Rum Punch. Imagine that.